This section summarises how we obtain, store and use information about you. It is intended to provide a very general overview only.
1. We collect Device Information using the following technologies
• “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
• “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
• “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
2. Information we collect when you visit our website
We collect and use information from website visitors in accordance with this section and the section entitled Disclosure and additional uses of your information.
We may collect the following information about you through the use of our website:
• Real name, alias, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, account name, driver’s license number, or other similar identifiers;
• Physical characteristics;
• Commercial information, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
• Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement;
• Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information;
• Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this section to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behaviour, and attitudes.
3. Registering on our website
When you register and create an account on our website, we collect the following information: Email address, IP address, and any other information you provide to us when you complete the registration form.
If you do not provide the mandatory information required by the registration form, you will not be able to register or create an account on our website.
4. Information collected when you place an order
When you place an order for goods or services on our website, we collect your name, email address, billing address, shipping address, company name (if applicable), billing name, and information about your browser.
If you do not provide this information, you will not be able to purchase goods or services from us on our website or enter into a contract with us.
5. Processing your payment
After you place an order on our website you will need to make payment for the goods or services you have ordered. In order to process your payment we use a third party payment processor (Payfast Payments) Your payment will be processed by Payfast.
6. Where we receive information about you in error
If we receive information about you from a third party in error and/or we do not have a legal basis for processing that information, we will delete your information.
7. How we use your information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example:
• we use woocommerce to power our online store–you can read more about how woocommerce uses your Personal Information here: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/marketplace-privacy/.
• We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
• Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
8. Behavioural advertising
We use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
• You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Google – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Bing – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
• Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
9. Disclosure and use of your information for legal reasons
Indicating possible criminal acts or threats to public security to a competent authority
If we suspect that criminal or potential criminal conduct has been occurred, we will in certain circumstances need to contact an appropriate authority, such as the police. This could be the case, for instance, if we suspect that we fraud or a cyber crime has been committed or if we receive threats or malicious communications towards us or third parties.
We will generally only need to process your information for this purpose if you were involved or affected by such an incident in some way.
In connection with the enforcement or potential enforcement our legal rights
We will use your information in connection with the enforcement or potential enforcement of our legal rights, including, for example, sharing information with debt collection agencies if you do not pay amounts owed to us when you are contractually obliged to do so. Our legal rights may be contractual (where we have entered into a contract with you) or non-contractual (such as legal rights that we have under copyright law or tort law).
10. DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
11. How long we retain your information
This section sets out how long we retain your information. We have set out specific retention periods where possible. Where that has not been possible, we have set out the criteria we use to determine the retention period.
12. Retention periods
Order information: when you place an order for goods and services, we retain that information indefinitely or until you request that we delete unless this conflicts with our compliance of a legal responsibility.
Correspondence and enquiries: when you make an enquiry or correspond with us for any reason, whether by email or via our contact form, we will retain your information for as long as it takes to respond to and resolve your enquiry and indefinitely afterward unless it is requested to be deleted AND it does not interfere with our compliance with laws and our legitimate business interest.
E-Newsletter: we retain the information you used to sign up for our e-newsletter for as long as you remain subscribed (i.e. you do not unsubscribe) or if we decide to cancel our e-newsletter service, whichever comes earlier.
13. Criteria for determining retention periods
In any other circumstances, we will retain your information for no longer than necessary, taking into account the following:
• the purpose(s) and use of your information both now and in the future (such as whether it is necessary to continue to store that information in order to continue to perform our obligations under a contract with you or to contact you in the future);
• whether we have any legal obligation to continue to process your information (such as any record-keeping obligations imposed by relevant law or regulation);
• whether we have any legal basis to continue to process your information (such as your consent);
• how valuable your information is (both now and in the future);
• any relevant agreed industry practices on how long information should be retained;
• the levels of risk, cost and liability involved with us continuing to hold the information;
• how hard it is to ensure that the information can be kept up to date and accurate; and
• any relevant surrounding circumstances (such as the nature and status of our relationship with you).
14. Transmission of information to us by email
Transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure, and if you submit any information to us over the internet (whether by email, via our website or any other means), you do so entirely at your own risk.
We cannot be responsible for any costs, expenses, loss of profits, harm to reputation, damages, liabilities or any other form of loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your decision to transmit information to us by such means.
15. Your right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes
• to object to us using or processing your information where we use or process it in order to carry out a task in the public interest or for our legitimate interests, including ‘profiling’ (i.e. analysing or predicting your behaviour based on your information) based on any of these purposes; and
• to object to us using or processing your information for direct marketing purposes(including any profiling we engage in that is related to such direct marketing).
You may also exercise your right to object to us using or processing your information for direct marketing purposes by:
• clicking the unsubscribe link contained at the bottom of any marketing email we send to you and following the instructions which appear in your browser following your clicking on that link;
16. Sensitive Personal Information
‘Sensitive personal information’ is information about an individual that reveals their racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, genetic information, biometric information for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual, information concerning health or information concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect sensitive personal information from individuals, and you must not submit sensitive personal information to us.
18. Contact us
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
• Athlone Circle, 1 Montgomery Drive, Pietermaritzburg, ZN, 3201, South Africa